Re: ViEmu for VS 2.1 "zz" problem

The following problem occurs when the option "Windows-like word wrap" is UNchecked.

The zz command moves the current line to the vertical center as expected if there are NO wrapped lines above the current line.

Wrapped lines are being counted as multiple lines by 'zz'. This causes the vertical center to drift downwardly. If there are enough wrapped lines above the current line, zz will "center" the current line out of sight (below the viewable window).

For now, I'll just keep the "Windows word wrap" option checked.

Thanks Jon for creating ViEmu!

Larry

Hi Larry,

Can you provide some more specific details? VS version, language that you are using... I've tested it with C++ both in VS.NET 2003 and VS2005, and it works fine here. I think I know where the problem could come from, as I need to access the underlying VS "text layers" interface (quite poorly documented by MS), and the specific language engine that implements some of the layers could have an effect. I will probably need to find a workaround for the specific language (which can easily prove to be quite a challenge involving tracing through VS's code in assembly only).

Best regards and thanks for the very kind comment,

Jon

Hi Jon,

I'm running VS 2005 (version 8.0.50727.42).

As you mentioned, no problem with a C++ project.

The problem occurs in all of the "Other Language" projects:
  Visual C#
  Visual J#
  Visual Basic

If you're going to fix only one, please make it C#.  smile

Larry

Last edited by larrysh (2007-03-04 18:04:31)

Ok, I'll have a look at it and try to fix it. Hopefully, the fix will be valid for all languages!

Regards,

Jon

In case anyone else is watching, this was fixed in ViEmu/VS 2.1.6, details and a link to download it here:

http://forums.ngedit.com/viewtopic.php?id=182