Re: blank lines after a } motion command

One minor difference between Vim and ViEmu that's a common annoyance for me: if you yank/delete/etc a block with a command like d} in Vim, it will yank the blank line after the block as well, which ViEmu doesn't do. It's small, but I move code around a lot with d} and find myself needing to go back and clean up the whitespace around blocks after doing this in ViEmu.

Hi Justin,

I wasn't aware of this. I will have a look at it and hopefully make it exactly compatible with vim. It might have to do with charwise/linewise interpretations of the motion. I'll drop you a line as soon as this is ready.

Best regards,

Jon

Awesome, thanks!

Hi Justin,

I've been looking at this in detail, and I can't get the behavior you describe to work with vim. That is, if I do "d}" at the beginning of a function in vim, it also fails to delete the blank line after the function. I'm afraid I might be due to a different :set option, but we'd need to discover exactly which one it is in order to implement the same behavior in ViEmu.

Any idea which setting it might be? Can you let me know what vim displays for :set in your installation?

We followed up by email and determined that it was due to the motion not automatically becoming linewise under certain conditions, as in vim. I have fixed the behavior to emulate vim faithfully in 2.1.4. More details and a link to download it here:

http://forums.ngedit.com/viewtopic.php?id=182

Best regards,

Jon