Topic: VS2010 - Occasionally a mouse double click selection yank deletes.

Hi.

Intermittently I've noticed that when making a selection with the mouse, usually by double clicking on a word, i then go to yank the word with 'y', only to have it replace my selection with y, instead of yanking.

This is intermittent and presumably dependent on some sort of timing, as sometimes this works fine. If i undo this incorrect replace and repeat the same actions it usually works ok the 2nd time.

Not done too often, and easy enough to work around. But thought i'd let you know.

As with all my posts, I have Visual Assist installed too, though in this case i'd hope that to not be relevant.

Cheers

Re: VS2010 - Occasionally a mouse double click selection yank deletes.

Hi Jimbouk.

That is a known issue about the buffers and how you say is only occasional.

Maybe that will be fixed in the next ViEmu release.

Thanks.

this situation perhaps improves by ticking the following under ViEmu settings

"Use VS selection for visual mode"

I'll keep testing, but i THINK this makes the problem go away. As a bonus it also makes the selection MUCH more visible, its borderline invisibly faint on my monitor with this option unticked. I'm presuming i could have used a viemurc file to alter that colour?

Cheers

Sadly, i've had the problem happen since having that checkbox ticked, so it's not a fix. It does feel like it makes it less likely to happen, but perhaps that was just chance, it's annoyed me plenty of times since sad