Topic: New version?

Do you plan a new version? Nothing has happened for more than 8 months now...

Re: New version?

Hi Potrto,

Yes you are right the time pass and we still working in the new version.
Maybe later this year we released a new version.

Thanks for your interest

It's been over a year since the last release. Obviously we are all developers so we understand this stuff take time but we also understand that things move faster when a little heat is applied.

(  .      )
           )           (              )
                 .  '   .   '  .  '  .
        (    , )       (.   )  (   ',    )
         .' ) ( . )    ,  ( ,     )   ( .
      ). , ( .   (  ) ( , ')  .' (  ,    )
     (_,) . ), ) _) _,')  (, ) '. )  ,. (' )
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

tpaine wrote:

It's been over a year since the last release. Obviously we are all developers so we understand this stuff take time but we also understand that things move faster when a little heat is applied.

I've been experimenting with VsVim, since it is clear that development is still going on with that VisStudio extension...

Sorry about the long inactivity. We are working towards a ViEmu 3 around April with some nice goodies added in for good.

Jon,

Is there any plans since the new version of SSMS 2012 is now officially running in Visual Studio 2010 to support the viPlugin with that product?  I have SSMS 2012 installed and feel lost without my vi Keybindings...

-Aaron

I assume the new version will support the upcoming VS 2011?

Hey,

First thing we're doing is VS11 support for the currently available betas. It's looking well. We hope this can be available very quickly, at least in beta form. We'll announce it here, on the ViEmu blog, and on Twitter.

Second goal is to make sure the latest ViEmu/VS2010 works as best as possible with the latest Visual Assist and Resharper.

Third goal, we're finally implementing a few oft-requested features: the 'c' flag to :s, probably <c-n>/<c-p> filescan autocompletion in insert mode, etc...

We will look into SSMS 2012... frankly, I haven't even had the time to look into it in detail. Again, MS keeps making extensibility unsupported. But if it's running a modified VS2010 shell, as SSMS 2005 and 2008 did with the VS2005 shell, hopefully it will be doable.

All in all, we want to release a flashy new ViEmu 3.0 in the coming couple of months (although we plan to release preview versions before that).

Thanks all for your great patience, and apologies for not having been able to respond quicker.