Topic: 3.0.6 bug with "change in"

I regularly edit string values in my programs and use the:

ci"

(read change in quote) to change the entire contents of the quoted string.  This used to work fine (3.0.4 VS2010 Win7).  Now it produces a strange effect.  Take as an example:

Console.WriteLine("Press Enter to end program");
                Console.ReadLine();
                return;

I place the cursor in the "Press Enter to end program" string and type ci"
rather than ending up with the expected:

Console.WriteLine("");
                Console.ReadLine();
                return;

I end up with this:

Console.WriteLine("");
       "         Console.ReadLine();
                return;

With the cursor just before the " on the Console.ReadLine() line.  Smells like a bug.  Change in word ciw still works

Here's the config:
Windows 8 x64
VS2012 Ultimate (in case it matters)
ViEMU 3.0.6
Resharper 7.0.1098.2760

Re: 3.0.6 bug with "change in"

Well, I thought of checking this just after I posted it and found the interaction problem.  I unchecked the Auto-insert pair... setting to see if that was causing an issue.  Apparently it is.  Now that said, this worked successfully in Resharper 6 and ViEMU 3.0.4. So one of the two isn't working the way it did before, so I still classify this as an issue, just not sure which one to blame for it...

Thanks for the report. We are working on a new release that will hopefully fix the new issues with ReSharper 7. Meanwhile, apologies for it, we are aiming for a release later this week.

Just installed 3.0.8.  It almost fixes this problem.  It inserts an extra " in the string I'm trying to change, but it did kill the newline mess.

3.0.8 has a few other issues I'm still running into if auto-insert pair is enabled:

var address = new EOD.OrderDetail
{
Address1 = "1234 Some Road",
Address2 = "Suite 300",
City = "Somewhere",
State = "ZZ",
ZIP= "12345",
Country = "US",
Company = "Acme Widgets",
Attention = "John Doe"
};

The results are different depending on the location in the same string.  As an example, changing the City string with the cursor on the 'm', you get this when ci" is typed:

{
Address2 = "Suite 300",
City = "",
"
State = "ZZ",
ZIP= "12345",
Country = "US",
Attention = "John Doe"
};
Cursor lands before the " on the new line

When the cursor is on the 'r', you get this:
{
Address2 = "Suite 300",
City = "",
Stat"e = "ZZ",
ZIP= "12345",
Country = "US",
Attention = "John Doe"
};

Cursor lands after the t" in State

Turning off the auto-insert pair corrects the problem.  Not sure if this setting will be compatible with ViEmu or not...

Last edited by gt2847 (2012-09-18 13:56:59)

Hi,

We believe we've located the problem, which seems to happen in systems with Windows 8 and no VS2010 installed. ViEmu 3.0.9 will be released shortly and hopefully will fix this.

3.0.9 looks like a winner.  With incsearch and auto-insert pair enabled, everything seems to work as expected.  Hurray!  My two favorite add-ins play nice together again!

Last edited by gt2847 (2012-09-21 00:59:20)