Re: 1.4.5-alpha-3 ready: g*/g#/Ctrl-^/:set [no]incsearch/toggling

I have just uploaded build 1.4.5-alpha-3:

http://www.viemu.com/ViEmu145a3.msi

It's necessary to manually uninstall any previous 1.4.5.x build before installing this one.

It incorporates the following new features over 1.4.4 (the last official release):

- Ctrl-Shift-Alt-V toggles ViEmu (globally, for all files - the "Enable ViEmu" setting is now global as well)
- g*/g# search for the identifier under the cursor, but without requiring 'whole word' matching
- n/N now check case properly after */#/g*/g# (there was a bug with smartcase behavior)
- Ctrl-^ now alternates the current & the last visited buffer
- :set [no]incs[earch] / :set [no]is activates/deactivates incremental search (jumping to the next match while typing the search target)
- The <Home> key is now properly mapped to '0' instead of '^' (1.4.5-a-2)
- :ta[g] support (type an identifier afterwards to go to its definition) (1.4.5-a-2)
- Ctrl-W <Up>/<Down> understood as synonims for Ctrl-W j/k (1.4.5-a-1)

The Ctrl-^ command supports a count as in vim, which jumps to an absolute buffer number 1..N (as seen by ViEmu since VS started). This will be the base for support for the :b[uffer] command, :e #<number>, etc... After this, I could make the current :bn and :bp use this internal list instead of asking VS to jump to the next/previous buffer - the result will be different. I wonder what everyone thinks about this, and whether there is a best option or a user setting is required.

The Ctrl-^ command supports a count as in vim, which jumps to an absolute buffer number 1..N (as seen by ViEmu since VS started). This will be the base for support for the :b[uffer] command, :e #<number>, etc... After this, I could make the current :bn and :bp use this internal list instead of asking VS to jump to the next/previous buffer - the result will be different. I wonder what everyone thinks about this, and whether there is a best option or a user setting is required.

In my opinion, you should just switch to the internal buffer numbering method.  In my experience, the VS buffer numbering/switching is unuseful and nonpredictable.

Thanks for the feedback! In any case, one can use Ctrl-Tab/Ctrl-Shift-Tab or user-defined keybidings to get VS's concept of next/previous buffer.