Re: Incremental search issue

If the incremental search is activated, ViEmu automatically indent the first item found.

Example:
foo()
{
int i;

Type:
/int<return>

The word "int" is found but the line becomes indented as bellow:
foo()
{
     int i;

Hello,

I would need to know what version of ViEmu, of Visual Studio, and what language you are using (it seems C++ or C#?). Also, whether you have some other 3rd party add-in installed.

Does it also happen if you just press <return> in normal mode while on the relevant line? It should if my understanding of the reason is correct.

This used to happen due to some weird behavior of VS, but I fixed it in one of the 1.x releases, and it seems to still work fine in my current installation (C++ on both VS.NET 2003 and VS2005, without any other tools installed). Please let me know what your configuration is, so that I can try to reproduce the behavior.

Best regards,

Jon

One other thing I just thought about - maybe you are using Coderush? If so, the "Smart Enter" feature there can cause this behavior, it's necessary to disable it.

Pressing <ENTER> was also reformating the line.
Effectively if I deactivate the automatic indentaion in VS2005 the problem does not occurs.

Thanks for your answer.

Glad to hear it's fixed. If this wasn't coderush, can you give me a bit more of info? That is, language you're using, and whether you have any other 3rd party tools installed. If it's a basic bug in ViEmu, I'd like to fix it properly (I guess you've disabled the standard 'autoindent' checkbox in Tools|Options|Text Editor|Language, but that will also affect regular typing).

Thanks,

Jon

Exact: I deactivate autoindent in the Option dialog.

The plugins that I have installed are:
  - AhnkDVN
  - Snippet Watcher
  - Visual Studio 2005 IDE Enhancements
  - VSEDebug

I'll have a look a it. Also, what language are you using? Thanks for the info!

Language: C++

Thanks!