Once the rubber hits the road things start coming up. So we rolled our sleeves up and started fixing the most glaring issues. Here is a new build of ViEmu/VS2010:
No need to uninstall Beta 1 before installing this one.
- Fixed “Out of Memory” Exception in the Solution Explorer Window. It was due to showing the Welcome dialog too early in the VS/WPF start-up process.
- _viemurc loading could crash and leave ViEmu unloaded
- Rare, seemingly-random caret-related exceptions in the background (although they could come to the foreground at times)
- Removed “read-only” attribute from VS files/buffers (not in the file system), required for ex commands and sometimes normal mode keys to work
- Corrected a few typos in informational messages
We will keep looking into the other issues and prepare new releases. We hope that ViEmu/VS2010 will be “good” in a few weeks, and really “great” in a few months.
Keep the feedback coming!