Re: Vi command question

First let me say I love Viemu and have from the moment I first used it! Finally the one tool I need has arrived.

Question
1. Can I insert a blank line using o and O without going into insert mode?

2. When I yank and paste words is there a way to paste it on a new line instead of just p and P for character placement?

These aren't complaints about Viemu I just want to find out if there are commands available to do this. If not that's ok.

Thanks,
Paul

Paul,

Thanks a lot for the positive feedback, I really appreciate it. Regarding the questions, I've often wondered about (1) myself, but I haven't found an existing solution. When I have to do this for several lines, I either use the '.' command or yy an empty line and paste that. With the mapping support in ViEmu 2.0, which is already in a very advanced state (I plan to start using it full time myself during this week), doing something will be easier - something like :map \ o<Esc>

Regarding (2), the :pu[t] ex command does exactly that (forced-linewise paste), it's a bit cumbersome to type :pu<Enter>, but it could also be mapped (although not with ViEmu 1.x, as it only supports singer char-to-char mapping).

Thanks again for the feedback,

J

Thanks for the feedback. What's the time frame for the release of version 2? Just curious.

Paul

If everything goes well, the stars line up appropriately, and actually don't find any more trouble than I already expect, end of July. Adjust accordingly smile