Re: ViEmu 1.4.5 available & end of introductory pricing
I have just sent out an e-mail notifying the release of the final 1.4.5 and the end of the introductory pricing on June 30. The general 'download' link now downloads this version. Here is the entire text for your reference:
I have just uploaded the new maintenance release ViEmu 1.4.5. You can download it directly from the following link:
It will automatically upgrade any previous installation of ViEmu.
The most important and immediate changes are that the cursor position is always restored properly on undo/redo, and that the normal-mode block cursor is now kept properly across focus changes, together with several new vi/vim emulation features. I have included the detailed change list at the bottom of this e-mail.
I'd also like to let you know that the special introductory pricing of $49.95 will be ending on June 30. Starting on that date, ViEmu will be available for $69.95.
The next major ViEmu release will be 2.0, now in active development, with many new features, and a free upgrade to all existing customers. I will announce alpha and beta versions before the final one is ready at the forums: http://forums.ngedit.com.
Please be sure to keep the feedback coming, both by e-mail and at the forums.
Thanks and best regards,
ViEmu 1.4.5 changes since 1.4.4:
- Block cursor not lost with some operations
- Undo/redo now should properly restore the cursor pos in all operations
- :ta[g] to jump to a symbol's definition
- ^W<Up>/<Down> to switch windows
- HOME now jumps to the hard beginning-of-line
- Ctrl-Shift-Alt-V globally toggles ViEmu on/off
- g*/g# search for the identifier under the cursor, down and up, w/o requiring a full-word match
- Implemented Ctrl-^ to switch to the previous buffer
- :set [no]incsearch/[no]is support
- CodeRush compatibility functionality implemented
- ^Wc and :clo[se] to close the current window/file
- Y in visual mode now correctly returns to normal mode
- The status line "INSERT --" is now "-- INSERT --" as in vim
- Cursor now properly updated after :d
- :f[ile] command to show info on the current file
- New Welcome/Trial dialogs, and more links in Tools|Options|ViEmu