Re: clashing keybindings in 2.0

I've got ReSharper and ViEmu 2.0 installed. Apparently the key bindings are clashing.

I can't read the text in the text boxes because the text extends beyond the right edge of the box but there is no scrolling ability. Due to this, I can't tell what is really clashing, and therefore can't decide what to do about it.

Is anyone else having clashes with ReSharper?

Hello,

The text boxes (I'm guessing you are refering to the ones in the Tools|Options|ViEmu->Keyboard dialog) are actually edit boxes, so you can actually click on them and move around with the cursor to see the full contents, or click and drag with the mouse to force scrolling.

What keybindings are clashing? And what is the behavior you are experiencing? You can probably just remove them from Tools|Options|Keyboard so that ViEmu will get the keypresses.

Best regards,

Jon

JNG wrote:

The text boxes (I'm guessing you are refering to the ones in the Tools|Options|ViEmu->Keyboard dialog) are actually edit boxes, so you can actually click on them and move around with the cursor to see the full contents, or click and drag with the mouse to force scrolling.

OK, thanks!

JNG wrote:

What keybindings are clashing? And what is the behavior you are experiencing? You can probably just remove them from Tools|Options|Keyboard so that ViEmu will get the keypresses.

These are the clashes.

ReSharperAddIn2003.GotoRecentFiles=Global::Ctrl+E
ReSharperAddIn2003.ParameterInfo_Show=Text Editor::Ctrl+P
ReSharperAddIn2003.ExtendSelection=Text Editor::Ctrl+W
ReSharperAddIn2003.DuplicateText=Text Editor::Ctrl+D
ReSharperAddIn2003.QuickDoc=Text Editor::Ctrl+Q
ReSharperAddIn2003.GotoType=Global::Ctrl+N
ReSharperAddIn2003.GotoDeclaration=Global::Ctrl+B
ReSharperAddIn2003.GotoBase=Global::Ctrl+U

My problem is I need the ReSharper bindings more than the ViEmu bindings. I haven't noticed any problems so far, as long as the ReSharper bindings don't get removed.

Ok, so this is the process to restore automatically removed bindings (copied over from the documentation, but I understand it's in a pretty obscure place):

If you want ViEmu to keep most of the current keybindings for automatic activation/deactivation purposes, but you want to remove one of these keys from the list, these are the steps to follow:

1. Go to Tools|Options|ViEmu->Keyboard
   2. Click the "Restore" button under the saved keybindings list (to restore the initial pre-scan state).
   3. Click the "Forget" button under the saved keybindings list to make ViEmu clear the remembered list. After this, the list on the left should be empty, and the list on the right will probably show a lot of clashing keybindings.
   4. Change the list of keys scanned to add/remove any one you don't like (for example, change from the default "RFBDUWTQEYOINP]" to "RFBDUWTQEYOINP]V" to add Ctrl+V to the combinations checked and thus remove the regular "Paste" binding from Ctrl+V, and leave it free to enter visual-block mode.
   5. Click the "Apply" button (the list on the right should now show "Edit.Paste" as a clashing keybinding)
   6. Click on the button "Save and Remove" under the current clashing keybindings list

In your case, the step 4 should consist in removing EPWDQNBU from the edit box. "Apply", "Save and Remove", and there you go!

Let me know if something doesn't work as expected.

ReSharper can restore it's own bindings, so that's not really a problem. I guess there is no *real* problem, it's just unnerving to know there are "clashes" going on. smile

Ok, maybe the terminology is not very nice. For 'clashes', VS assignments take precedence, and the given keys are not received by ViEmu. Actually, in ViEmu 1.x all of them were clashes until you removed them manually from Tools|Options|Keyboard. And, in ViEmu 2.0, it's very likely you will want to keep a few 'clashes'.

I'll rename them to "VS priority bindings" or something similar in a future build.

Thanks for the feedback!