Re: backspace in : mode

I'm new to vi, but is there a way to use backspace in the : mode? Right now if I push backspace in that mode it removes the character the cursor is on and puts me into insert mode. I'm not sure if that's a bug or not.

It's weird. It should definitely erase in the command line. What VS version and what language are you using? What keyboard scheme? What other 3rd party add-ins are installed? All of those may be the cause. If you try editing a plain text file, that will also help remove some of the possible diagnostics.

- Jon

I just noticed it only happens with the sql file I'm editing. VS2008, I'm using the standard keyboard scheme, resharper and codekana.

Ok, it makes sense that the SQL language service interferes with normal backspace processing. I'll have a look at this and hopefully find a fix or a stable workaround.

Meanwhile, you might be able to remove the keybinding of Edit.DeleteBackspace in Tools|Options|Keyboard as a temporary workaround (even if you remove the binding, Backspace should still work via ViEmu).