Topic: ViEmu on vs2010 loses focus after exiting insert mode
This is a very strange problem which is only happening on one system. I have ViEmu installed on a laptop and desktop for vs2010 and both were working fine until I had to re-build my desktop system. After reinstalling vs2010 (and SP1) and Resharper, dotCover, ProPowerTools and ViEmu (all of which were installed before) on the rebuilt system I have very strange behavior.
Upon starting vs2010 and opening a solution, I can navigate just fine. However, once I make any change in the editor and press Esc to exit insert mode, here is what happens:
- Insert mode is exited
- Everything looks okay so far
- Any non-control characters typed from this point on do not navigate or get inserted
- For each character typed, a number appears at the bottom next to "-- NORMAL --"
- For instance, if I press "j" 5 times to move down 5 lines, this is what it might look like:
-- NORMAL --23456
- No matter what I type, the numbers count up to 9 and continue again with 0, 1, etc.
- The really bad part is that ViEmu interprets the numbers shown as a count, so if I follow with a RETURN, ViEmu assumes I wanted to do the RETURN action (Next line) for instance, 23,456 times given the example above.
- At this point vs2010 is so busy I can't do anything further.
- If I press ESC instead, the numbers clear (as does the count) and the process starts over again with further typing.
If I disable ViEmu, whether in this mode or not, everything works fine again except that I don't have ViEmu of course. Re-enabling ViEmu brings back the problem immediately.
Since this only happens on one machine (both are Windows 7, x64, Intel, all up to date) I don't know what to think about it. I am hoping you at least have some suggestion as to what direction I might look. Uninstalling and reinstalling vs2010 didn't help. Nor did uninstalling and reinstalling ViEmu. Nor did removing _viemurc.
Any help would be very appreciated. Thanks.