Topic: ViEmu not working in Word, Outlook

Win10 Pro x64
Version 1909
OS Build 18363.900

Office 365
Word version 2005

ViEmu 3.8.1

I installed ViEmu, and there is no evidence in Word or Outlook that anything changed.
(I installed it with an Administrator account, my daily account.)

In Word:
File->Options->Add-ins
I can find nothing that looks like it is related to ViEmu.

How do I get this product to work?

Re: ViEmu not working in Word, Outlook

Hi @Number8, it may be the case that you are using the 64-bit edition of Office. In that case, ViEmu will not work, you need to use the 32-bit edition of Office. Microsoft actually recommends using the 32-bit edition, unless you are editing very large spreadsheets, due to compatibility reasons. Let me know how it works for your. Regards -- Jon

Current version of Office365 Outlook - ViEmu 3.8.1 does not work even in 32 bit:
Microsoft® Outlook® for Microsoft 365 MSO (16.0.14228.20036) 32-bit

Still works in Word, but while ViEmu shows as installed in Outlook, the Addin tab doesn't show, nor does the ViEmu settings.  I don't use the Outlook version all that much, so I didn't really notice it until I was trying to edit an email with some source code in it.  Not sure how long it's been gone, but 32 bit versions are impacted.

Hi gt, thanks for letting me know. The most likely reason is that Microsoft changed the window hierarchy in a recent version of Outlook, as ViEmu uses that to find the Word window inside an Outlook email composition window. I plan to open source ViEmu soon, so hopefully that will make it easier to debug the issue. Regards -- Jon