We have prepared and uploaded a new version of ViEmu/VS2010, addressing the important issue of third-party add-in compatibility. Our effort has gone to make ViEmu behave as best as possible with the two most popular third-party add-ins: Whole Tomato’s Visual Assist, and JetBrains’ Resharper. It’s still not perfect, but it should provide a much better experience. Here’s the list of things (there are also a couple of bugfixes thrown in for good):
- vaxesc option support (to make Esc both close down the Visual Assist drop down and exit insert mode)
- Visual Assist suggestions disabled in normal mode (this was a tough nut to crack)
- Resharper’s Rename command is detected and ViEmu auto-enters insert mode
- ViEmu’s ‘.’ command now works correctly even if Visual Assist is configured to convert it to ‘->’ in some cases
- ViEmu’s “Default to Windows clipboard” option should now work just fine
- License detection code now works with temporary licenses (we sometimes send them out manually, to extend trials, etc…)
Here is a link to download it:
You will need your support up to date as of August 9. As always, renew it if necessary at the customer area: http://www.symnum.com/customer-area.
Let us know how it works!