You can download the ViEmu/VS2010 Release Candidate 1 here:
We are trying to get this out of the door and start the upgrade process for everyone, even if there are a few things that we will address in version 2.6 (this one will be numbered 2.5.5).
Things addressed in this release:
- Ctrl-Backspace/Ctrl-Delete delete whole words in insert mode
- Block visual mode works fine with $
- Better support for more types of files (html, aspx)
- Fixed a bug that caused the ViEmu caret to appear in random places
- Fixed crash when setting keybindings in non-US, localized VS versions
- License key processing more reliable, button to remove license from settings window
- Several other minor bugfixes
Apart from these there are a few things which we know are not fully ok, but we have left them for 2.6, due out in the next few weeks. The current version is more than usable for many customers. Here are the limitations in this release:
- Compatibility with other 3rd party add-ons is not fully supported. If you are using Visual Assist, Resharper, PowerGUI or others, you may experience usability issues.
- Performance is sometimes poor, especially with hlsearch and search/replace
- Some settings like “‘Use VS selection for visual mode” or “Ignore Caps Lock state in normal mode” are still non-functional
We plan to address these issues in the next few weeks.
Meanwhile, if you find some problem that would make this RC1 a bad “first official non-beta” release for a standard installation of Visual Studio, let us know, so that we can address it for the final version or in an RC2.
If everything goes well, we’ll release this officially next week and start to allow upgrading existing licenses via the customer area.